Change text size and colour
Preview these settings:
Vogrie offers a haven of tranquillity in the heart of Midlothian's countryside.
It retains much of its character as a Victorian parkland estate, with sweeping carriage drives, beautifully landscaped vistas, an original walled garden and the baronial styled Vogrie House.
The Park is open for 365 days of the year from 7.30am until dusk.
Facilities and events
- Car and coach parking, charged at £1 per day (10am-6pm only). Outwith these times car parking is free
- Disabled parking and fully accessible toilets at the main car park area and at the adventure playground by Vogrie House
- 5.5 miles of signed countryside paths through woodlands and the Tyne Valley
- Information panels and site leaflet
- A section of the Tyne Esk Trail for horse riders
- Vogrie House and The Cedar Tree Cafe and Soft Play Area
- A nine hole 'pay as you play' golf course
- An adventure play area and toddlers play park
- A miniature railway
- Picnic areas and open lawns in Victorian Policy areas
- 2 barbeque sites for private hire
- An events field for private hire
- 2 outdoor shelters, suitable for up to 30 persons
- Special events and activities organised the Ranger Service. Pick up a Lothian's and Borders Outdoor Diary
- Free resource boxes are available to all, full of useful equipment to pond dip, mini beast hunt or to explore the nature of the park.
- Free curricular based environmental education activities for schools and groups organised and led by the Ranger Service