"Love Your Library" Day 2016
1 February 2016 - 6 February 2016
Love Your Library is a week of special events to celebrate libraries and reading in Midlothian.
Come along and meet an author, listen to music, play a game, take in some history, get crafty and lots, lots more.
Download the full programme here:
Or take a look at what is happening in your library below:
All Saturday 6 February events - National Libraries Day:
Through the week...
- Tuesday 2 February, 13:30- 15:30 Introduction to Glass Painting - art workshop (Adults/All ages)
- Wednesday 3 February, 10:30- 11:30 Lavinia Urban - local children's/young adult author (Ages 8-12)
- Wednesday 3 February, 10:00- 12:00 eBooks drop-in - get help with the free eBooks and eMagazines services
- Wednesday 3 February, 19:30- 21:00 The Railways of Dalkeith - An illustrated talk by local historian and railway enthusiast Brian Scott (Adults)
- Thursday 4 February, 13:30- 15:30 Drawing the Waverley Line - drawing workshop (Adults/All ages)
- Friday 5 February, 10:30- 11:30 Moira Cormack - storytelling workshop (Ages 3-7)
- Saturday 6 February, 11:30- 12:30 Nick Sharratt - one of Britain's favourite children's author (Ages 3 -10)
- Tuesday 2 February, 10:45 Bookbug visit - Bookbug pays a special visit to celebrate our birthday! (Ages 0-4)
- Tuesday 2 February, 18:00- 19:30 Life begins@ 40! Birthday Candles - candle-making workshop (Adults)
- Thursday 4 February, 09:30- 11:30 Life begins @ 40! Adult Computer Class - learn new skills or brush up on old ones, for all levels.
- Friday 5 February, 14:00- 15:00 Children's Party Hat Craft - best hat wins a prize! (All ages)
- Monday 1 February, 16:00- 17:00 Book Art - create works of art from old books and your imagination (Ages 5-11)
- Tuesday 2 February, 19:00- 20:00 Malcolm Archibald - A step back to the 19th Century (Adults)
- Wednesday 3 February, 09:30- 13:00 Mystery Parcels - Discover new authors with one of our mystery parcels. Just bring your library card!
- Thursday 4 February, 10:00- 12:00 eBooks drop-in - get help with the free eBooks and eMagazines services
- Friday 5 February, 10:00- 10:30 Love Bookbug - Dress up as your favourite book character! (Ages 0-5)
- Friday 5 February, 14:00- 15:00 Build a Biscuit Library - edible libraries! (Ages 5-11)
- Thursday 5 February, 10.20- 18:30 Lasswade Library and the Chamber of Secrets - National Harry Potter fun with Professor Kat Dumbledore and Professor Annabel Snape! (All ages)
- Thursday 5 February, 19:00- 20:00 The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Join researchers from Cancer Research UK Edinburgh to discuss the scientific research that has doubled survival rates (Adults)
- Monday 1 February, 18:30- 20:00 Burning Hearts workshop - Create wooden hearts using pyrography (Ages 10+)
- Thursday 4 February, 19:00- 21:00 Booky Bingo! - Bingo with a difference (Adults/Young Adults)
- Friday 5 February, 19:00- 21:00 Neil Broadfoot - one of Scotland's brightest new crime writing talents (Adults)
- Tuesday 2 February, 19:00- 20:00 - Favourite books - join the Newtongrange Reading Group to talk about your favourite book (Adults)
- Wednesday 3 February, 19:00- 21:00 Love Relaxation - unwind with a relaxing massage and perfume oil demonstration (Adults)
- Wednesday 3 February, 09:45- 10:45 Storytelling with Allison Galbraith - Join Alison for tales of Scottish folklore (All ages)
- Thursday 4 February, 14:00- 16:00 eBooks drop-in - get help with the free eBooks and eMagazines services