What's on at half term?
7 February 2014 - 16 February 2014
Looking for something to do with the kids during the half-term holidays?
There's no need to sit at home being bored during the February holiday - there's lots to do in Midlothian!
Try skiing, snowboarding or go tubing
Scottish FA Football Roadshow
The holiday course provides a safe environment for children to develop as a player, young athlete and as a person. The Scottish Football Associations School Holiday Programme provides boys and girls with the opportunities to:
- Enjoy a healthy lifestyle
- Play in a safe environment
- Participate in small sided games
- Enjoy playing football
- Improve football skills
- Be coached by Scottish FA coaches
- Interact with other children
The course takes place at Soccer City in Mayfield for ages 5 - 12 years and runs from 10 February 2014 until 14 February 2014. 10.00 - 12.00 session is £30 and the 10.00 - 15.00 session is £50
Create some crafts!
Create some special Valentine's Day themed crafts at our libraries during the holidays. All welcome, but children under 8 should be accompanied by an adult.
- Danderhall Library on Friday 14 February, 14:00-15:00
- Gorebridge Library on Friday 14 February, 14:00-15:00
- Loanhead Library on Friday 14 February, 15:00-16:00
- Mayfield Library on Friday 14 February, 14:00-15:00
- Newtongrange Library on Friday 14 February, 14:00-15:00
- Penicuik Library on Sunday 9 February, 14:00 - 15:30
- Roslin Library on Friday 14 February, 15:00-16:00
Make a splash at swimming!
Our 4 pools offer daily public swimming sessions, and special Family Swimming Fun sessions available at Loanhead and Penicuik at weekends.
There's Toddler Pools at Newbattle and Loanhead.
Visit the Library!
Saturday 8 February is Love Your Library Day 2014! You can take your pick from a broken toys workshop, eco-inspired crafts, helping make a biscuit library, creating art from books or showing off your singing. See the programme for details:
Plus throughout the week:
Have fun with stories, songs, activities and sharing books at one of our regular children's reading groups:
- Bookbugs (ages 0-4) meet in all our libraries
- Chatterbooks (ages 9-12) meet in Dalkeith, Danderhall, Lasswade or Penicuik
If there isn't a group near you, you can still enjoy books, CDs or DVDs by visiting your nearest library:
Play in a park!
Our award-winning parks have lots of facilities for children such as adventure play areas, or you could just go for a walk and see what animals and birds you can spot!