Activities at Easter
25 March 2013 - 5 April 2013
Looking for something to do with the kids during the Easter holidays? Find out what's on in Midlothian.
There's no need to sit at home being bored during the Easter holidays - there's lots to do in Midlothian!
- Learn to ski (or snowboard)!
- Be active!
- Scrum down at one of our rugby camps
- Improve your footballing skills
- Create some crafts!
- Try Tubing!
- Make a splash at swimming!
- Dive in to our Easter Camp at Newbattle Pool
- Become a bookworm!
- Play in a park!
- See Edinburgh from the sky!
- Take some photos!
Spaces are still available in our Kinder Ski (various times), Junior Ski and Snowboard Schools running from Monday 25 - Friday 29 March and Monday 1 - Friday 5 April at 10.00 - 12.30 or 14.00 - 16.30.
- Kinder Ski School costs £49.95
- Junior Ski and Snowboard Schools cost £99.95 each
- Includes equipment and uplift
- Kinder Ski School application form (PDF)
- Ski School application form (PDF)
- Snowboard School application form (PDF)
- Ski class descriptions (standards)
Alternatively, call Reception to book onto our Taster classes (open to all ages):
Beginners skiing Thursday 4 April, 10.30 - 12.30
- Reception: 0131 445 4433
Join the Super Sliders Easter Egg hunt on Saturday 30 March or Sunday 31 March 14:00 - 16:00:
Lasswade High School centre is hosting some fun activities from Tuesday 3 - Thursday 12 April:
- Sports sessions
- Try trampoline
- Mini kickers football coaching
- Kiddie kartwheels
- Gymnastics for beginners/improvers
We are teaming up with Edinburgh Rugby to provide rugby camps for boys and girls up to S2 across Midlothian:
Come along to a course run by qualified SFA coaches:
- Penicuik Easter Soccer Skills Centre for 5 - 12 year olds morning only
- Penicuik Easter Soccer Skills Centre for 5 - 12 year olds full day
- SFA Easter Holiday Course - Mini Kickers in Bonnyrigg
Our libraries are running various free crafts events for children during the holidays:
Snow tubes are round inflatable doughnuts with smooth plastic bases to enable them to slide down the slope. They're great fun!
A half-hour session costs £4.60 per child. Sessions are running on Friday 29 from 11:00 - 13:30 and Friday 5 April from 11:00-15:30.
- More about "Have-a-go tubing"
- Reception: 0131 445 4433
Our 4 pools offer daily public swimming sessions, and special Family Swimming Fun sessions available at Loanhead and Penicuik at weekends.
There's a flume at Bonnyrigg, and Toddler Pools at Newbattle and Loanhead.
There's nothing like immersing yourself in a good book! Our childrens' reading groups are a chance for kids to talk about and share the books they enjoy:
- Bookbugs (ages 0-4) meet in all our libraries
- Chatterbooks (ages 9-12) meet in Dalkeith, Penicuik, Bonnyrigg and Danderhall
If there isn't a group near you, you can still enjoy books, CDs or DVDs by visiting your nearest library:
Our award-winning parks have lots of facilities for children such as adventure play areas, or you could just go for a walk and see what animals and birds you can spot!
Take in the panoramic views of Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth as you sail through the air on the chairlift at Midlothian Snowsports Centre at Hillend.
A return journey is £1.70 per child and £2.70 for adults, or a family ticket is £7 for 2 adults and 2 children. The chairlift is open Monday - Friday 10.00 - 12.30 and 14.00 - 16.30.