Photo competition: "The history of Midlothian"
25 June 2012 - 24 September 2012
Amateur photographers are invited to enter our Flickr photo competition. The winner will see their photo in print. Entries close on Monday 24 September.
Open to amateur photographers of all ages, the "The history of Midlothian" digital photography competition will run until 24 September.
See your photo in print!
The winning photograph will be printed in a future edition of "Midlothian News" and posted on the homepage of the Flickr Group "The history of Midlothian". It will also be featured in the Midlothian Council website:
How to enter
Entrants must take a digital photograph with the theme "The history of Midlothian" and have a Flickr account.
Judging will take place on Tuesday 25 September.
For more information and to enter your photo(s), please visit the Flickr group, The history of Midlothian:
- All photographs entered must have been taken in Midlothian, Scotland
- All entrants should be amateur photographers (ie you are not paid for a job as a photographer)
- Entrants can be any age
- You may enter up to 3 photographs
- Closing date: Monday 24 September 2012
- Theme: The history of Midlothian
- Flickr Tag: Please add the tag "Midlothian" to the photograph
- All photographs should be 'family friendly'
- Photos should be at least 1024pixels on the longest side
- By entering your images in this group you agree to grant us royalty-free non-exclusive use of your material in any way we want and in any media, most likely the Midlothian council website, www.midlothian.gov.uk and the "Midlothian News" newspaper. However, you'll still own the copyright to everything you contribute, and we'll aim to publish your name alongside anything published wherever possible. Midlothian Council cannot guarantee that all pictures will be used and we reserve the right to edit any material provided.