2015 Doors Open Day
12 September 2015
Doors Open Day offers visitors an opportunity to visit a wide variety of buildings which give an insight into the culture and heritage of Scotland. Even better... the events are free!
Our 2015 Doors Open Day event will take place on Saturday 12 September.
The Doors Open Day event is intended to stimulate interest and a greater understanding of the fascinating architectural heritage, culture and enterprise within our local area.
Participating venues in this year's event are:
- Arniston House
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Cousland Smiddy
- Dalkeith Community Fire Station
- Dalkeith Corn Exchange Regeneration: Exhibition and Site Visit
- Dalkeith Masonic Lodge
- Glencorse Kirk
- Gorebridge Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS) (Friday 11 September 2015)
- Lasswade Church
- Lost Garden of Penicuik
- National Mining Museum: Special Tours/Activities
- Newbattle Abbey College
- Old Pentland Cemetery
- Pen-y-Coe Press, Penicuik
- Penicuik House (Old)
- Penicuik Town Hall
- Rosewell Parish Church
- St James the Less Episcopal Church
- St John's and King's Park Church
- St Mary's Episcopal Church
- St Nicholas Buccleuch Parish Church
- Soutra Aisle
- Vogrie Country Park Evening Bat Walk NOW FULLY BOOKED
- Wildlife Information Centre The
National Doors Open Days
Doors Open Days take place each September and is co-ordinated nationally by the Scottish Civic Trust with support from Historic Scotland.
To view information on programmes for other areas please visit the national Doors Open Day website: