Events on 5 June 2012
3 April 2012 - 2 October 2012
Ageing Well summer health walks in and around Loanhead every Tuesday evening lasting just over an hour.
Ageing well Loanhead summer health walks leave from Loanhead Leisure Centre on Tuesdays at 18.30.
They are led by fully qualified volunteer walk leaders and last for just over an hour. Just turn up on the night wearing appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear.
Take those first steps to a healthier lifestyle and meet new people. No costs involved.
28 May 2012 - 18 June 2012
Pop into Loanhead Library to view the food waste containers Midlothian Council proposes to give residents to make it easier for you to recycle your peelings, food scraps and leftovers.
Come along to Loanhead Library to see examples of your new food waste bins and find out more about the proposed changes to your recycling collection services.
28 May 2012 - 8 June 2012
A display of posters designed by Midlothian school children for a community safety campaign.
For further details contact Danderhall Library on:
- 0131 663 9293
24 April 2012 - 8 June 2012
'Helping you recycle more' poetry competition for Midlothian Primary School pupils.
- Think about how to explain the new recycling service to someone new to this area.
- Include the title of your poem in your submission.
- The poem could be a rhyme or it could be acrostic. Why not even make it a song or a rap?
- Poems can be handwritten or typed. Handwritten entries must be clearly legible.
- Pictures / images can be submitted with a poem but will not be considered as part of the judging process.
- Primary school class entry from Primary 1 - Primary 4
- Individual entry from pupil in Primary 1 - Primary 4
- Individual entry from pupil in Primary 5 - Primary 7
How to enter
- Submissions must be supplied with a completed entry form which should be filled out in black ink and be clearly legible.
- Entry form (PDF)
- The organisers regret that they will not be able to return entries once submitted.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 8 June 2012. Entries must be received on or before this date to qualify for judging.
Please post entries to:Poetry Competition
Community Waste Team
- firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Poetry Competition' in the subject line.
Terms and conditions
By entering into this competition, entrants agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Entries must be received by 8 June 2012
- Individuals must be in full time education in Midlothian to qualify for entry
- The decision of the judging panel will be final
- Winning entrants must be willing to participate in publicity activities
By entering a poem into the competition, you affirm it is your own work and not that of a third party obtained with or without permission. Copyright will remain with the writer but Midlothian Council claims the right to reproduce entries and to use them in publicity material to promote the recycling services offered by Midlothian Council.
5 June 2012
5 June 2012