Events on 21 May 2012
17 February 2012 - 31 May 2012
We are looking for a photograph which illustrates Midlothian in Spring.
Open to amateur photographers of all ages, the "Springtime in Midlothian" digital photography competition will run until 31 May.
See your photo in print!
The winning photograph will be printed in the July edition of "Midlothian News" and posted on the homepage of the Flickr Group "Springtime in Midlothian". It will also be featured in the Midlothian Council website:
How to enter
Entrants must take a digital photograph with the theme "Springtime in Midlothian" and have a Flickr account.
Judging will take place on Friday 1 June.
For more information and to enter your photo(s), please visit the Flickr group, Springtime in Midlothian:
- All photographs entered must have been taken in Midlothian, Scotland
- All entrants should be amateur photographers (ie you are not paid for a job as a photographer)
- Entrants can be any age
- You may enter up to 3 photographs
- Closing date: Thursday 31 May 2012
- Theme: Springtime in Midlothian
- Flickr Tag: Please add the tag "Midlothian" to the photograph
- All photographs should be 'family friendly'
- Photos should be at least 1024pixels on the longest side
- By entering your images in this group you agree to grant us royalty-free non-exclusive use of your material in any way we want and in any media, most likely the Midlothian council website, www.midlothian.gov.uk and the "Midlothian News" newspaper. However, you'll still own the copyright to everything you contribute, and we'll aim to publish your name alongside anything published wherever possible. Midlothian Council cannot guarantee that all pictures will be used and we reserve the right to edit any material provided.
15 May 2012 - 26 May 2012
Exhibition of work by members of Bonnyrigg Art Club at Newtongrange Library.
7 May 2012 - 28 May 2012
Pop into Dalkeith Library to view the food waste containers Midlothian Council proposes to give residents to make it easier for you to recycle your peelings, food scraps and leftovers.
Come along to Dalkeith Library to see examples of your new food waste bins and find out more about the proposed changes to your recycling collection services.
7 May 2012 - 28 May 2012
Pop into Bonnyrigg Library to view the food waste containers Midlothian Council proposes to give residents to make it easier for you to recycle your peelings, food scraps and leftovers.
Come along to Bonnyrigg Library to see examples of your new food waste bins and find out more about the proposed changes to your recycling collection services.
21 May 2012
Ladies-only ski coaching for 1.5 hours with a half-hour practise at the end... with a free coffee in Cafe 360 afterwards! Must be minimum plough-parallel standard.
Ladies-only ski coaching
Ladies Morning is a ladies-only ski coaching session every Monday 9.30 - 11.30, during school term-time only.
Forget the Monday morning blues! Whether you are honing existing skills, building your confidence or warming up those muscles - our professional instructors will take you to the next level.
Enjoy coaching from one of our top instructors for 1.5 hours, with half an hour at the end of each session to practise what you've learned.
The informality of the coaching helps develop more fluid skiing and encourages the tackling of steeper terrain. The practice time is an invaluable way to keep legs going throughout the year!
How to book
Bookings and payment can be made in person or over the phone.
Standard: Plough/Parallel to Parallel
Free coffee in Cafe 360 is included when ticket is purchased (valid on day of coaching).
Cost: £14.95 per session
30 April 2012 - 21 May 2012
Short Health Walk organised by Ageing Well walk leaders lasting approximately 30 minutes.
For more information call Ageing well on 0131 5616506