Law and licensing FAQs

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Q: What is an Antisocial Behaviour Order?

Q: What can be done about a neighbour's persistent playing of loud music?


In some cases the playing of loud music can be considered to be antisocial behaviour.

Midlothian Council in partnership with Lothian and Borders Police currently provides an 'Out of Hours' service. Antisocial Noise Officers are on duty between 18:00 and 03:00 on Fridays and Saturdays.

The Noise Officers can be contacted during those hours by calling the Police control room or your local police station.

The service is available to all residents of Midlothian regardless of whether you are a tenant or home owner.

Lothian and Borders Police

Save to address book

0131 331 3131 (tel)

Antisocial Behaviour hotline

Save to address book

Fairfield House
8 Lothian Road
EH22 3AA

0131 271 6677 (tel)