Special uplift service
A charge is made for all bulky uplifts undertaken from 1 April 2016.
A special collection service is offered to householders, commonly known as a 'bulky uplift', for items that are too large to fit into your wheeled bins.
A charge is made for this service. The price varies according to the type of waste, and the number of items for disposal.
There are 3 levels of charges:
- A 'Basic' collection covers items such as furniture, beds, large toys and other household goods.
- Up to 7 items can be collected for £20.
- Please note that items should be counted separately. eg: a bed base plus a mattress counts as 2 items.
- A 'Special' collection covers fridges and freezer.
Uplift costs start at £20.
- A 'Quotable' collection covers items such as bathroom suites and fitted furniture.
- We will need to visit your property to provide a bespoke quote for the items you have for disposal.
- Prices start at £30.
Terms and Conditions
- Items must be placed at the kerbside by 7am on the date of collection. This is usually the place where your grey bin is put out for collection.
- All items must be easily accessible to our collection crews. We are unable to collect items from between parked cars or from within communal bin stores.
- If you are unable to place items at the kerbside, an additional charge will be made. This will not be applied to residents registered as requiring a permanent 'pull out' service for refuse.
- If your authorise us to collect items from your garden, no liability will be accepted for loss or damage to plants, landscaping or ornaments.
How to arrange a bulky collection
- Book a collection online or call 0131 561 5284.
- Payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You will be provided with the date your items will be uplifted.
- Place your items out at the kerbside by 7am on your collection date.
- Arrange a bulky uplift online
Cancellations and changes
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 12 noon on the day before your uplift is due to take place.
- We can only accept cancellations by phone.
- Refunds are conditional on the points above.
- Once a booking has been made, it is not possible to make changes to the number / type of items without forfeiting your collection appointment.
- Any changes to your booking will require a change to your original collection date.