Special uplift service
Bulky uplift collection
A special collection service is offered to householders, commonly known as a "Bulky" uplift, for items not covered by the regular bin collection services. The service operates as follows:
- Each household is entitled to 1 free uplift per year
- Your free uplifts cover items such as furniture, furnishings, old beds, large toys and other household goods
- Up to 7 items can be collected. Please note that items should be counted separately. eg: a double bed is a bed base plus a mattress and counts as 2 items
- For other items we also offer a chargeable service, for a minimum cost of £20. A comprehensive list of items which we do and do not accept (as well as the cost for their uplift) can be downloaded below
- A charge is made for the collection of fridges, freezers and fridge/freezers. The current costs is £20
- If you need to arrange for an additional collection, the cost of this will be based on the number and type of items you need to have collected at a minimum charge of £20.
You can book a collection online, or by calling 0131 561 5284, and you will be provided with an advanced date for collection when you book.
Items should be placed at the kerbside by 7am on the date of collection. This is the place where your grey bin is presented for collection.
Other options for disposal
If your items are in good condition then you may wish to consider donating them to charity or giving them to a friend or family member.
If items are broken or have no further use then these can be disposed of free of charge at our Household Waste Recycling Centres.