Animal boarding establishments

Animal boarding licences

Kennels, Home Boarding and Commercial Day Care Establishments require to be licensed in terms of The Animal Boarding Establishment Act 1963.

Licences are only granted in respect of persons operating premises which meet the appropriate standards.

How do you apply?

Applicants must complete the Animal Boarding Establishments application form and return it to Environmental Health.

How is the application dealt with?

On receipt of the application form, accompanied by the appropriate fee, the applicant will be contacted by an officer from Environmental Health who will arrange a date and time for an inspection of the premises. The inspector may also be accompanied by the Council's Veterinary Adviser. 

Should the applicant be unsuccessful, they will be informed of the reasons. If the applicant is aggrieved by this decision they can appeal to the courts.

How much does it cost?

The charge for this licence is currently £106.00.