Gore Glen Woodland Park
Main public car park closed
Please be aware that the main public car park at Gore Glen, off the A7, will be closed, due to works associated with construction of the Borders Railway. Access to the Glen will be maintained via the limited space car park in the lower Glen, off Carrington Road and also the playing fields pavilion, off Engine Road, Gorebridge via Shanks Bridge.
For further information on this project please visit the Borders Railway website:
Gore Glen is set in the heart of Midlothian's countryside on the banks of the Gore Water and River South Esk, below the Village of Gorebridge.
You may enjoy panoramic views towards the Pentland Hills, take a stroll around 2 miles of wooded path network or enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the former 'Gunpowder Glen'.
The Park is open for 365 days of the year.
Facilities and Events
- Free car parking: a vehicle height restriction of 2.2 m applies.
- Site leaflet.
- Whin pathways to woodlands, riverside and ponds.
- Path links to Gorebridge and Arniston Estate.
- Described walk in 'Explore Midlothian' walks guide.
- Special events and activities organised the Ranger Service. Pick up a Lothian's and Borders Outdoor Diary.
- Free resource boxes are available to all, from the Ranger Service, full of useful equipment to pond dip, mini beast hunt or to explore the nature of the site.
- Free curricular based environmental education activities for schools and groups lead and organised by the Ranger Service.
- The Friends of Gore Glen work in partnership with the Ranger Service to improve the park for people and wildlife.
Contact the Ranger Service for countryside information, events, school & group visits and resource box hire.
The grid reference is NT335 618 on OS Lanranger series NO 66 Edinburgh Map
Services travel to the village of Gorebridge from where the site can be accessed on foot