Roadworks in Midlothian
Information on all current road works in Scotland including Midlothian can be obtained from the Scottish Road Works Register.
- Visit the site by selecting the link below
- Select the location search heading
- Enter either the road name, town/locality, county or road number
- Submit using the search button
You can also enter a postcode for road works information on the Scottish Road Works Register map search page.
Transport Scotland provides information on Scottish Government trunk routes which in Midlothian are the A720 City Bypass, A702 and A68:
If you require any further information on roadworks within Midlothian please contact the Road Services office.
Local temporary road closures and parking restrictions
Local road closures and parking restrictions are listed below:
- A6106 Millerhill Road, Danderhall - road closed between Cockatoo roundabout & Sheriffhall roundabout from 03/03/14 for 5 months for works for the Borders Railway Project.
- B704 High Street & Hillhead, Bonnyrigg - road closed between Viewpark Gardens and north side of health centre access road between 09:00 Hrs & 16:00 Hrs on Wednesday 30/07/14 and Thursday 31/07/14 for carriageway resurfacing.
- C37 Carrington Road - road closed between A7 and B704 Cockpen Road from Monday 10/03/14 to Friday 19/09/14 for works for the Borders Railway Project.
- C51 between Wrights Houses and Borthwick Mains - closed until further notice due to structural issues at Bridge 32 Borders Railway Project.
- Rullion Road, Penicuik - road closed in 2 stages from Monday 23/06/14. Stage 1 from Ravelsykes Road to Caplaw Way. Stage 2 from Glencross Gardens to Ravensdean Gardens. It is anticipated that the works will take approx. 4 weeks to complete.
Information on traffic orders can also be found on the Tell Me Scotland website:
Dundas Buildings is normally open from 09.00 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday and 09.00 - 15.30 on Fridays.
62a Polton Street
- 0131 663 1103 (tel)
- 0131 654 2797 (fax)