Midcare Alarm Service
Through the use of technology (Telecare equipment), the Midcare alarm service enables you to continue to live independently in your own home for as long as possible, allowing you to feel safe, secure and supported.
How can I access this service?
This service is available to anyone who is older and/or disabled.
You can apply online:
Or referrals can be made by a social worker, health or other health professional or by you:
- Contact us at the Adults and Community Care team.
- Complete a self referral form which can be picked up from your local post office, doctors surgery, local library etc.
- Print the Self Referral form below and return it to the Adults and Community Care team by post.
What does it cost?
From 1st April 2013, there will be a charge of £2.00 per week for the service.
What is involved?
Each referred client is assessed and provided with an individualised package of Telecare equipment.
The equipment is installed around the home as per the assessment, and this works in conjunction with the alarm base unit.
A wide range of equipment can be provided to meet a variety of need, eg movement sensors, temprature extreme sensors, door exit monitors.
The technology is unobrutusive but highly effective in keeping people and their property safe.
Who is contacted by an activation from the Telecare equipment?
The East Lothian control room receives the initial alerts from the equipment and passes this on to ensure that an appropriate response is provided. The control room is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
What responses will be provided?
Response may be provided by:
- A key holder such as family/friend/neighbour, who may be requested to assist in an emergency (service users would provide details of these contacts).
- A Midlothian based responder service provides a back-up when required.
- If appropriate, a client's GP or the emergency services will be contacted.
Adults and Community Care
4 Clerk Street
0131 271 3900 (tel)
0131 271 3367/3370 (tel)
0131 271 3246 (fax)
Macmerry Control Room
Control Room at Macmerry
01875 613 921 (tel)