Care at home

Do I need care at home?

If you, or someone you know, has difficulty with tasks around daily living, we can work with you to assess what needs you have and whether they can be met by a care at home service.

To access home care you should ask the Social Work Section for an assessment of your care needs.  You can also ask your GP, nurse or health visitor to arrange one for you.

The assessment allows us to produce a care plan and arrange services required for a care package.

There are certain minimum standards set out by the Scottish Government which show how each service should perform.