Council performance information
Public Performance Reporting
Public Performance Reporting (PPR) can be broadly defined as reporting to the public how good or bad the council is at delivering its services.
Reporting performance information to the public helps ensure that:
- the council's decision-making and performance are open and transparent.
- the council is accountable for its performance.
- the public have the opportunity to comment on this information.
- continuous improvement is achieved.
PPR also enables the Council to outline to the general public the circumstances and thinking behind its policy and spending priorities.
Midlothian Council reports performance to the public in a variety of ways. This includes the publication of:
- Quarterly Performance Reporting
- Statutory Performance Indicators
- Performance information within the council's newspaper, Midlothian News
We also produce an annual public performance report each year.
- 2012/13 Public Performance Report (PDF)
- 2011/12 Public Performance Report (PDF)
- 2010/11 Public Performance Report (PDF)