What does MiTech offer, and to whom?
Preparing for work
MiTech provides a "preparing for work" package of training, employment opportunities and local support services.
This is a 16-week part-time programme, 5 mornings a week, which provides ICT and Personal Development for people who are looking to return to work.
- Keyboard, word processing, spreadsheets, database and other IT skills
- Communications, problem solving, working with others, job search and personal development
- SQA National Units or ECDL units
- A supportive adult workplace environment with a tutor to trainee ratio of 1:8
- Regular progress reviews, careers guidance and financial advice
- Personal development sessions focus on increasing confidence, encouraging teamwork, workplace topics and job search
As a Learndirect Scotland centre, MiTech works towards the "Pledge to Learners" by providing a safe, welcoming and supportive environment where learners can make guided choices about what, how and when they learn.
Where are we located?
MiTech is part of Midlothian Training Services run by Midlothian Council and the office is based in the centre of Dalkeith - details are below.
How to apply for a place?
You can apply for a place on the course by contacting us by telephone, on the number below.
We will arrange an appointment for you to come in and chat with one of the course tutors.
If the course is suited to your needs you will then be placed on a waiting list for the next course start date. ILA funding is required for this course.