Applying for a council house in Midlothian
- Anyone who wishes to apply for Council housing must fill in our housing application form. The form must be completed by the person applying for a house. If you need help filling out the form ask at Buccleuch House reception and someone will help you.
- Buccleuch House
- Who can apply for council housing in Midlothian?
The same form should be completed regardless of whether you are applying for housing or sheltered housing.
- Housing application form (PDF)
- Filling in the form
- Typical Rent Charges 2013 (PDF)
- Housing areas in Midlothian
- Map of housing areas with Council housing and new build in Midlothian (easy read version) (PDF)
- Map of housing areas with Council housing and new build in Midlothian (PDF)
The date we receive your application and any supporting evidence will be the day that you are accepted on to the housing waiting list.
We will write to you with the result of your application. We aim to do this within 28 days in some cases this may take longer if further information is needed.
Please let us know as soon as possible if:
- you change your address
- you wish to change your application form after it has been handed in
- What do I do if my circumstances change?
1 White Hart Street
0131 271 3394 (tel)