The inspirational Torchbearers and streets in Midlothian which the Olympic Flame will be carried along have been announced today (19 March) as part of the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay.
All communities in Midlothian are invited to participate when the Torch travels through Dalkeith, Lasswade, Loanhead, Bilston, Milton Bridge and Penicuik on the morning of Thursday 14 June.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has worked closely with representatives from a number of sectors in each Nation and Region of the UK to devise the route and is taking the Olympic Flame to within ten miles of over 95% of the population.
Maps of the streets
Streets which the Olympic Torch will be carried along:
- Dalkeith (from approximately 8.55am) includes: Edinburgh Road, South Street, London Road, Buccleuch Street, Eskbank Road and Lasswade Road.
- Lasswade (from approx 9.25am) includes: Elm Row and High Street.
- Loanhead (from approx 9.30am) includes: Lasswade Road, High Street, The Loan.
- Bilston (from approx 9.50am) includes: the A701 to Castlelaw Terrace
- Penicuik (from approx 10.45am) includes: the A701 through Milton Bridge (from approx 10.00am), Edinburgh Road, around Beeslack High School, Edinburgh Road, John Street, High Street, Bridge Street and A701 to Peebles Road.
- Details of confirmed Torchbearers: Meet the Torchbearers