Temporary traffic restrictions will be in place when the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay comes through Midlothian on Thursday 14 June.
All communities in Midlothian are invited to participate when the Torch travels through Dalkeith, Lasswade, Loanhead, Bilston, Milton Bridge and Penicuik on the morning of Thursday 14 June.
The route and torchbearers chosen by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) were announced earlier this year.
The streets along the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay can be viewed in full on the council website www.midlothian.gov.uk/olympic-torch-relay and www.london2012.com/olympictorchrelay which gives street-by-street details and proposed start times for when the Olympic Flame will travel through Midlothian.
Parking will be prohibited on the route on the morning of 14 June, signs have been erected in the relevant areas to inform the public. A rolling road closure will be in operation as the torch relay passes through the county. Vehicles will be stopped temporarily as the torch procession passes.
- Temporary waiting restrictions - Dalkeith
- Temporary waiting restrictions - Loanhead
- Temporary waiting restrictions - Lasswade
- Temporary waiting restrictions - Penicuik
Due to the number of pupils who are expected to cheer on the Relay in Lasswade the south-bound lanes on Lasswade Road, High Street and Elm Row will be closed on the morning of 14 June. The north-bound lane, which is the way the Torch Relay will progress, will be open to the public until traffic is temporarily stopped as part of the Torch Relay rolling road closure. Polton Road, Westmill Road and School Green will be closed onto Elm Row.
Parking in a lay-by on The Loan, Loanhead will be temporarily suspended on 14 June.
A section of road will be temporarily closed and parking suspended at Penicuik High School, Penicuik.
Streets on the route include:
- Dalkeith (from approximately 8.55am) includes: Edinburgh Road, South Street, London Road, Buccleuch Street, Eskbank Road and Lasswade Road.
- Lasswade (from approx 9.25am) includes: Elm Row and High Street.
- Loanhead (from approx 9.30am) includes: Lasswade Road, High Street, The Loan.
- Bilston (from approx 9.50am) includes: the A701 to Castlelaw Terrace
- Penicuik (from approx 10.45am) includes: the A701 through Milton Bridge (from approx 10.00am), Edinburgh Road, around Beeslack High School, Edinburgh Road, John Street, High Street, Bridge Street and A701 to Peebles Road.