Health and safety training - First Aid at Work
IntroductionThis three day (18 hours contact time) course is aimed at key individuals who provide first aid for medium to high risk workplaces.
The course will give you the necessary knowledge, confidence and practical skills to provide and administer effective first aid at work. The course covers:
- Role of an emergency first-aider
- Primary Survey/Secondary Assessment
- The Respiratory System
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Disorders of Respiration/Circulation (Choking)
- Wounds and Bleeding (Shock)
- Minor Burns and Scalds
- Foreign Objects
- Bones, Joints and Muscle Injuries
- Head and Spinal Injuries
- Chest and Abdominal Injuries (Wounds/Crush effects)
- Specialised Burn Injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Major Illness (Heart Attack/Stroke).
The course includes a comprehensive first-aid manual provided on day 1. You will complete a theory test and practical assessments.
On successful completionYou will be awarded a ‘First Aid at Work (FAW) Certificate of Competence’, valid for three years.
Timetable for scheduled training
Venue: Danderhall Community Centre, Newton Church Road, Danderhall, EH22 1LU
Time: 09:00 – 16:00
- Wednesday 1, Thursday 2, Friday 3 May 2019
- Monday 3, Tuesday 4, Wednesday 5 June 2019
- Monday 9, Tuesday 10, Wednesday 11 September 2019
Scheduled training, cost per delegate£180.00 + VAT
In-house training, total cost£1350.00 + £15.00 per delegate for course material / certificate, plus travel expenses / accommodation, (only applies 50 miles or over) + VAT. (Min 8 – max 12 people).
- 0131 271 3204
- Health and Safety Training
Operation Support Team
Dalkeith EH22 1DN