Employability and Learning - Jobcentre Plus
Service nameJobcentre Plus
7 Buccleuch Street
25 John Street
Who they work withWe work with:
• People of working age who are unemployed or seeking employment
• People with health conditions or disabilities
• Lone parents
• Employers of all sizes.
DescriptionJobcentre Plus is part of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) which is responsible for:
• Child maintenance policy.
We help people move from benefits into work and help employers to fill vacancies.
Our activities include:
• Vacancy advertising and servicing of vacancies
• Provision of facilities for interviews or meetings
• Issuing and sifting application forms/CVs
• Arranging and managing interview schedules
• Securing work experience placements
• Specialist support for small business via our Small Business Recruitment Services
• Specialist employer advisors who provide one-to-one employer support.
• Support creating and updating CVs
• Support completing application forms/applying for online vacancies
• Access to job fairs and information events
• Information and support on skills gaps and training
• Up-skilling with digital skills
• Access to employability opportunities
• Named work coach and one-to-one support.
How to access• Contact us directly by phone or via our website.
• Visit our offices in Dalkeith or Penicuik.
Employability PipelineStage 1Stage 2Stage 3Stage 4Stage 5