Online forms: Household waste - van booking for entry to Recycling Centre
This form has a maximum of 9 pages
Due to limits on the number of vans/trailers allowed on site each day, you may not be able to visit on your preferred date.
You can only book your van/trailer to bring waste to the site once per day. This is to ensure equal access to all residents who need to use a van/trailer to bring in their waste.
The form will time out after 15 minutes. You can complete it without signing in. But if you do sign in, it will save and you can finish it later.
- Either register or sign in with myaccount
- or select the 'Begin this form' button.
Book via this form to bring your own household waste to Stobhill Recycling Centre only in:
- a van, including a hired van
- a pick-up truck
- a sign-written vehicle, other than a hire car, taxi or courtesy car
- a trailer
- large vehicles up to a GWV of 3,500kg.
(You can only bring your waste to Penicuik Recycling Centre in a private car.)
You can bring waste to Stobhill:
- in your own van, trailer or large vehicle
- or in a hire van
a maximum of 6 times a year (January to December).
If you are borrowing a van, trailer or large vehicle to bring in your own waste, you can do this a maximum of 6 times a year (January to December) up to the vehicle's 6 visit allocation. You must advise the owner that your visit will count against their vehicle's allowance.
Please book as early as possible.
- You cannot book for the same day, but use this form before 17:45pm Monday to Thursday for a next day appointment.
- If you complete the form after 17:45 Monday to Thursday, it won’t be processed until the next working day.
- For weekend visits, please book before 14:30 on the Friday before. If you book after 14:30, it won’t be processed until the Monday.
- If you complete the form on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday, it won’t be processed until the next working day.
- If you intend to visit more than once on the same day, you must book separately for each visit.
- Last access for vans, trailers and large vehicles is 15:45. This is to allow time to empty your van before the site closes at 16:15.
You will get a booking reference number by email. Please bring this number to the Recycling Centre. If you forget it, please bring proof of name and address (driving licence, council tax or utility bill) and show this to site staff.
If you hire a van, you may not know the registration number when you book. Please type 'Hire van' in the text box in the form.
Bring your hire documents with you to the Recycling Centre.