Online forms: Data Protection - subject access request
This form has a maximum of 8 pages
- select 'Begin this form' (below). You don't need to sign in, as long as you complete each page in less than 10 minutes.
- or register and sign in with myaccount. If you are signed in, the form will save and you can finish it later. Your contact details will be already filled in.
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request.
Terms of this request
- You can request your personal information but not that of others. Access to information may be given to a parent or guardian.
- We must respond within 40 calendar days after we receive the necessary documents and £10 fee (if required).
- We may need to ask you for more information to assist us.
- We will give you as much information as we can, supplying original documentation where possible.
- Exemptions may apply.
Documents you must provide
- Photographic ID
- £10 fee (if required). Payable by cheque to Midlothian Council if requested.
- Evidence of the data subject’s identity where you are acting on their behalf.
- Authorisation from the data subject to act on their behalf.