Consultations - Glencorse Primary School
ConsultationThe main consultation closed on 13 November 2020 and comments on the outcome report had to be submitted before 19 January 2021. Thanks to everyone who gave their views.
Find more details on the decision to close Glencorse PS
Scottish Ministers have been informed today (Thursday 21 January) of Midlothian Council’s decision to approve closing Glencorse Primary School. Councillors agreed the Glencorse consultation recommendations:
• the provision of primary education at Glencorse Primary School be discontinued;
• the catchment areas of Mauricewood and Roslin Primary Schools be extended to include the Glencorse catchment area;
• remaining pupils to have the choice of attending Mauricewood or Roslin Primary Schools, the nominated school to be considered the pupil’s catchment school;
• children residing in the Glencorse catchment area who in the future become of primary school age to be given the choice of attending Mauricewood or Roslin Primary Schools, and the nominated school to be considered their catchment school;
• school transport to be provided for all children affected, where there is no safe walking route to school and/or the distance from home to school is more than two miles.
A total of 12 councillors voted in favour of the recommendations, four voted against and one councillor abstained. One councillor was not in attendance.
Any interested parties now have the opportunity to submit representations to the Scottish Ministers.
You can do so by emailing email@example.com or by post to:
The Scottish Government
School Infrastructure Unit,
2A (South), Victoria Quay,
Edinburgh, EH6 6QQ.
The period for making representations to the Scottish Ministers ends at midnight on Monday 8 February 2021.
Closing date19 January 2021
Survey to complete
- Primary education at Glencorse Primary School will cease from 25 June 2021
- The catchment areas of Mauricewood and Roslin Primary Schools will extend to include the Glencorse catchment area
- Remaining pupils can choose to attend Mauricewood or Roslin Primary Schools. The chosen school will then become their catchment school.
- Children from the Glencorse catchment area who become primary school age can choose to attend Mauricewood or Roslin Primary Schools. The chosen school will then become their catchment school.
- All children affected will be transported to school where:
- there is no safe walking route
- or the distance from home to school is more than 2 miles.
- Early Learning and Childcare will continue as at present.