Using your wheelie bins
Putting your bins out
- Make sure your waste fits securely within your bin / glass box / food waste caddy.
- All containers must be placed at the kerbside for collection. This usually means the boundary of your property (where it meets the pavement, footpath or road) or your designated bin collection area.
- Place your bin out for collection by 7.00am on your collection day.
- Make sure the lid on your bin closes fully to allow our collection crews and the lifting mechanism on the collection vehicle to empty your bin safely.
- Any material placed at the side of the bin will not be collected.
- Do not put heavy items such as soil or rubble in your bin. This poses a potential safety risk from the bin falling from the vehicle's lifting gear during emptying. Take this material to your local Recycling Centre.
- To help reduce the risk of theft or loss of your bins / recycling containers, store them securely within the boundary of your property between collections.
- Report any damage to allow us to repair or replace your bin.
Is there anything wrong with this page?