Garden waste collection
The last date to sign up and pay for brown bin collections in 2019 is 12 noon on Monday 30 September.
If you paid for the service on or before 29 August, your brown bin sticker should be delivered by 9 September.
Follow the instructions on where and how to apply the sticker to the bin. We will only empty a bin with a valid sticker that's correctly displayed.
Collections are fortnightly up to mid-November.
Sign up and pay for service
- You can still sign up and pay for the service, but we will only empty your brown bin when a valid sticker is displayed on it.
- Please allow up to 6 weeks for us to process your request, add your property to a collection route and arrange for delivery of your bin sticker.
- We will empty your stickered bin on your next scheduled collection day.
The cost is £35 per brown bin. A property can have a maximum of 6 bins.
You cannot pay for this service if you:
- are a local business
- receive a 'black bag' collection of your waste
- are in a 'new build' property which has not yet got a completion certificate. Check on the One Scotland Gazetteer site.
There are no discounts if you join the service part way through the collection season.
Cancel service and request a refund (within 14 days of paying for service)
Need help signing up?
Drop in to your local library. If you bring your debit or credit card, library staff can guide you through the process. You can use your own device with our free Wi-Fi, or a library computer.
Find out more
- Request replacement stickers
- Find your bin collection day
- What goes in your brown bin
- Request / return a bin
- Recycling centres