Living well after cancer treatment
If you have been affected by cancer and your treatment has finished, a new service can help you get back to a normal and healthy life.
Living Well After Treatment offers emotional, practical and financial support to cancer patients, their families and carers. It is operated with Macmillan Cancer Support and NHS Lothian, from Lasswade Library and Midlothian Community Hospital.
We recognise that cancer can affect every part of your life, so the support offered includes:
- Advice on benefits
- Employment support
- Person-centred health checks
- Peer Support
- Exercise and nutrition
- Occupational therapy
- Information on local groups and activities
Whatever you need, this service can support you or give you details of the organisations that can help - we can even contact them on your behalf.
Appointments are available:
- 9am to 12pm every Monday at Lasswade Library
- 1pm to 4pm every Thursday at Lasswade Library
- 10am to 12pm every Tuesday in the community hospital.
- Home appointments are also available.
To make an appointment phone 0131 561 5468.
There are also drop-in sessions from 10am to 12pm every Wednesday, where you can get information on a range of specialist services.