Business rate charges
Coronavirus Business Support Fund for tenants and occupiers
From 8 June 2020, tenants or occupiers may be eligible for a single, one-off £10,000 small business grant. Eligible business ratepayers can apply for this grant funds up until 31 March 2021.
Types of premises where the landlord is the registered rate payer include:
- shared office spaces
- business incubators
- shared industrial units.
A tenant or occupier may only receive a single grant. These payments are grants and don't need to be paid back. However, if a grant is awarded on the basis of false or inaccurate information you will need to pay it back and could face legal proceedings.
How to apply
Complete the online form to apply. You will need to submit evidence of:
- your lease
- your staff
- payroll records from February to March 2020
- HMRC PAYE registration and reports for February to March 2020 or prior
- successful application to the Coronavirus Job Retention (“Furlough”) Scheme.
- your business is registered with Companies House on or prior to 17 March 2020
- your business bank account (no payments will be made to personal accounts)
- a statement showing business transactions through that account for the period including 17 March 2020.
- where possible it should also support details of wage payments or rent.
Your application is subject to detailed verification criteria, but irrespective of the use or rateable value of the property.
We will verify the information you provide against other information sources we hold. This will assist application processing, fraud prevention and for auditing purposes.