Walking and cycling routes in Midlothian
Midlothian has a great variety of landscapes, from the upland ranges of the Pentland and Moorfoot Hills to rolling farmland, woodland and river valleys. Why not explore the wooded Esk Valley at Roslin Glen, or take a stroll through the Victorian parkland at Vogrie Country Park?
There are many linear and circular routes to explore throughout Midlothian, some of which are suitable for a range of abilities. Many of these paths act as a link between towns and villages: some form Rights of Way and others will become part of the Core Paths Plan.
- Walking routes
- Downloadable walking maps
- Midlothian's Core Paths
- Dalkeith Country Park walking routes
Please ensure that you wear appropriate footwear and take waterproof clothing on the longer walks. Use an Ordnance Survey map on the more remote routes.
Help us improve our site
- Walking paths and cycle routes
- Cycle paths
- Area maps
- Town centre maps
- Borders Railway maps
- Health walks from Midlothian stations
- Polite Path Users Guide
- Borders Railway - permanent diversions of footpaths and cycle routes
- Businesses and organisations welcoming cyclists in Midlothian
- Midlothian Walking Festival
- Core Paths in Midlothian