Annual report 2018/19
During 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019, Midlothian Council’s Communities Team has been working to make the information on Participation Requests as simple and accessible as possible. The website has been updated to include the guidance, and an online form for making a formal Participation Request under Part 3 of the Community Empowerment Act (Scotland) 2015.
Two formal Participation Requests were received during this period.
- An application received on 29/08/2018 from Dalkeith Lawn Tennis Club was rejected and the group were notified on 9/10/2018. The rejection was based on the fact that their request duplicated a previous request from Eskbank and Newbattle Community Council (ENCC) which was approved by the Corporate Management Team on 13/12/2017. Dalkeith Lawn Tennis Club were encouraged to work with ENCC to progress this work.
- An application was received on 11/03/2019 from MVA to work with Midlothian Council to plan the use of the £910,000 Town Centre Fund recently allocated to Midlothian by the Scottish Government. It was approved by the CMT on 27/03/2019. MVA were notified on 16/04/2019. Informal discussions between both parties have taken place, and the process of application and scrutiny has been co-produced.
|Number of Participation Requests received||2|
|Number of Participation Requests agreed to||1|
|Number of Participation Requests refused||1|
|Number of requests which resulted in changes to a public service|
Wherever possible we try to support community groups to participate in our decision making without the need to pursue a formal Participation Request.
To this end, the Midlothian Traffic, Roads and Paths group (a sub-group of Midlothian Federation of Community Councils) have engaged, via the Communities Team, with the Resources/Roads Directorate to help prioritise and assist in the decisions taken which affect traffic, roads and underfoot surfaces. This is in keeping with Participation Request Guidelines, which advise groups to try and engage informally with their Local Authority as a first step.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Community Planning structure and profile
- Neighbourhood plans
- Neighbourhood profiles
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Corporate Parent Strategy
- Grants funding
- Armed Forces Community Covenant
- Community Planning - Strategic Assessment
- Participation requests: outcome improvement plans
- Community Asset Transfer - council properties
- Community Council documents
- Community Council boundary maps
- Community Planning Partnership 2017-18 performance scorecard
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Citizen's Panel Survey Reports
- Community Planning Board minutes
- Volunteering with Midlothian Council (PDF)
- Working with you, for you - local group feedback
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Form
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Guidelines
- Child Poverty Action Reports
- Community Planning Research and Information Group
- Allotment regulations