Town centre improvement funds
Apply for Town Centre Capital Funds
Midlothian Council has been allocated £910,000 from the Scottish Government’s £50 million Town Centre Capital Fund. The aim is to drive local economic activities and to re-purpose town centres to help them become more diverse, enterprising, accessible, and sustainable.
Type of projects
Funding is available for capital projects, such as new facilities, repairs and refurbishment work to existing buildings, physical improvements to town centres, and the purchase of equipment.
Projects over £10,000
There is no minimum or maximum award but given the nature of the funding, requests are expected to be for projects over £10,000.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from local groups, charities, third sector organisations, social enterprises and business groups. Council-led applications will be submitted and assessed alongside applications from outside bodies.
Initial expressions of interest must be submitted by 12pm on Friday 28 June 2019, with second-stage applications to be submitted by Friday 30 August. A decision on the successful projects will be announced in early October.
Application forms can be completed online and returned by email or printed and returned by post.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Community Planning structure and profile
- Neighbourhood plans
- Neighbourhood profiles
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Community directories
- Corporate Parent Strategy
- Grants funding
- Armed Forces Community Covenant
- Participation requests: outcome improvement plans
- Action Plans
- Community Asset Transfer - council properties
- Community Council documents
- Community Council boundary maps
- Community Planning Partnership 2017-18 performance scorecard
- Draft recommendations on the new council grants programme 2019-21
- Midlothian Community Planning Partnership Citizen's Panel Survey Reports
- Community Planning Board meeting minutes
- Volunteering with Midlothian Council (PDF)
- Working with you, for you - local group feedback
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Form
- Town Centre Capital Fund - Application Guidelines
- Child Poverty Action Reports
- Community Planning Research and Information Group
- Allotment regulations