Health and social care
Please visit the NHS Inform vaccination hub for the latest information about getting vaccinated
Get health and social care
Most of our council buildings have limited access because of the coronavirus. However, our services are continuing. If you need help, please get in touch.
- Get health and social care
- In an emergency call our out of hours social work team on 0800 731 6969
Hawthorn Family Learning Centre remains open to support our most vulnerable families. This support is prearranged and by appointment. Please do not attend the centre unannounced. If you and your family are needing support please contact Children’s Services on 0131 271 3413.
The centre works with pre-5 children in partnership their parents/carers. The centre also works with children with disability or affected by disability.
No. 11 Dalkeith
No. 11 in Dalkeith has restricted access to the building. Service users should call 0131 285 9600 to access services or make an appointment. Priority will be given to the highest risk clients and maintaining medication supplies.
Care at Home
Our Care at Home visits are continuing.
Please note these might be subject to change e.g. the time of your visit. Your Care at Home provider will keep in touch directly.
We really appreciate your patience at this difficult time.
Community pharmacies remain under pressure due to increased volumes of requests. We need your help to relieve that pressure.
- Do not order your repeat prescription ahead of schedule - stick to your normal cycle.
- Only order what you need.
- Due to increased requests, it is taking longer than normal to dispense prescriptions. Give your pharmacist more time, not less.
- Get someone to collect on your behalf if you have to self-isolate.
We are working to expand capacity of delivery services across Midlothian.
Showing symptoms of coronavirus?
You must not visit the pharmacy. Instead, follow the latest guidance.
Following these guidelines will ease pressure on our pharmacies and make sure everyone gets the medicine they need when they need it.
Thank you for your support.
Hearing aid clinics in Dalkeith and Penicuik are suspended.
If you have a faulty NHS hearing aid, we can arrange for it to be picked up and returned to you at home.
For hearing aid batteries:
- call Audiology on 0131 536 1637 or email email@example.com to request batteries be sent by post. You can also request batteries to pick up from Eastfield Medical Practice and Midlothian Community Hospital.
- call the council contact centre on 0131 270 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Midlothian Community Hospital
Midlothian Community Hospital is open for planned visits. These must be arranged in advance with the ward. This is to limit the spread of the coronavirus and to protect vulnerable patients, as well as staff.
Please read this update on emergency planning.