Libraries, leisure centres and parks
Please note that all council leisure centres are closed until further notice.
However, group fitness classes and contact sports for customers aged 18 and over were already suspended.
When fitness classes resume
- You must book.
- Our programmes have been reduced in accordance with government guidelines.
- We hope to add more classes to our programmes, as guidance changes.
Please see the online booking pages for classes for each centre, as this will vary across each site when they resume. When booking and once you have signed in, choose 'fitness classes', then the 'club' (centre you wish to take the class) and tick 'classes'. This will show you a drop down list from which you can tick those you are interested in. Once you do this and put in the date you wish to take the class, the timetable will be shown.
- Adult: £4
- Concession/junior: available to card holders
Arriving at the centre when open
- Payment cannot be taken when you arrive.
- Reception staff will need to see proof of booking.
- No one will be allowed in without a booking confirmation.
- No refunds will be issued for late arrival or non-attendance.
- Class duration will vary depending upon activity and will take into account hygiene before and after use of equipment.
- You must arrive/leave your booked session on time. You will not be allowed in the class five minutes after the start time for health and safety reasons.
- Please note; lockers are not available at this time – DO NOT bring valuables with you.
- There will be NO showering or changing facilities available at this time, please wear suitable clothing.
- Water fountains are available ONLY to fill water bottles.
- Toilets will be made available for attendees only.
Keeping everyone safe
- We will take your contact number/email for Track & Trace.
- One way systems are in place.
- You must follow guidance and restrictions. Anyone not complying will be asked to leave immediately.
Please stay at home if you have any of these symptoms:
- A new and continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
For more information visit NHS Inform.
How to book
- Advance bookings only.
- Call the centre (opening hours only) or book on-line.
- One session per day/per site.
- Payment must be at time of booking, not on arrival.
- How to book online
- Government guidance does not allow the use of showers before or after your class.
- You must leave through the designated one way system.
All direct debit memberships will continue to be frozen at £1 per month as the full programme is not on offer.
Swimming pools are closed.
- Private lets are suspended.
- Health suite closed until further notice.
Get in touch
We review Sport and Leisure services every two weeks. For more information email: