The government has issued families at risk with shielding letters. ‘Shielding’ is designed to protect those extremely clinically vulnerable individuals by minimising all interaction between them and others to protect them from coming into contact with the COVID-19 virus.
This ‘shielding’ is designed to support them to do this, to protect them from serious illness as well as taking pressure off the NHS providing the most acute care.
- The full guidance (“shielding guidance”) is available here
- The government updated the guidance on 19 June
It is essential that people in these groups stringently self-isolate for at least 12 weeks. Therefore if anyone in your household has received a letter it is very important that you do not send your child to one of the hubs.
- For more information please email: [email protected]
- Or phone our contact centre on 0131 270 7500
- Shielding requests privacy notice (PDF)
In a health emergency
If you have a health issue dial 111 or, in a health emergency, dial 999.