Shielding is designed to protect extremely clinically vulnerable individuals by minimising all interaction between them and others to protect them from coming into contact with the COVID-19 virus.
The Scottish Government has updated the guidance for people who are on the shielding list.
- For more information please email: shielding-COVID19@midlothian.gov.uk
- Or phone our contact centre on 0131 270 7500
- Shielding requests privacy notice (PDF)
In a health emergency
If you have a health issue dial 111 or, in a health emergency, dial 999.
Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland (CHSS)
If you or someone you know is feeling anxious, struggling with the news or feeling isolated and lonely, the CHSS amazing Kindness Volunteers are here for you.
They can offer a friendly and regular Kindness Call or some practical support like shopping or picking up prescriptions.
- Sign-up at: I need help - Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland (chss.org.uk) or
- Call 0808 801 0899
If you still need advice on shopping or other support, you can also email our communities team:
- Email: CLL@midlothian.gov.uk