Shaping our future
Our Budget Challenge - 2017 consultation findings
The public consultation on Midlothian Council’s savings proposals 2018/19 to 2021/22 took place over an eight-week period from 16 October to 14 December 2017.
The findings were used by councillors in developing their budget proposals. The budget and council tax for 2018/19, and the savings programme for 2018/19 to 2021/22 were agreed at the Council Meeting on 13 February 2018.
- Details of the key decisions taken can be found in our budget news release
- The savings approved by the council can be found here. See also:
- A table setting out our Financial Strategy figures for 2018/19 to 2021/22
Well over 2000 comments were received from more than 850 residents, community groups, businesses, external organisations, partner organisations, employees and others.
- A summary of the feedback received can be found in the Summary Findings, Paper A
Full details of the feedback received during the consultation on the savings proposals are contained in a supplementary paper (Paper B) and in appendices 1 and 2 to Paper B (scanned documents). Please note that Paper B runs to over 300 pages and Appendix 1 to more than 200 pages.
- Feedback received during the 2017 public consultation on the council's savings proposals (Paper B)
- Appendix 1 to Paper B - scanned individual responses to the 2017 savings consultation
- Appendix 2 to Paper B - scanned group responses to the 2017 savings consultation
- The documents used during the 2017 consultation are available here