Lord–Lieutenant of Midlothian
Local Platinum Jubilee celebrations
This year, Her Majesty The Queen becomes the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee.
To mark The Queen’s 70-year reign, local communities are encouraged to celebrate as part of a year-long programme of events.
The Bank Holiday weekend has also been extended from Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 June to allow people to mark the occasion.
If you are organising an event you need to make sure all the necessary licences, consents and permissions are in place beforehand.
Ideas for local Platinum Jubilee celebrations:
- Updated street parties' guidance is on the Gov.Uk website.
- Street meets are an easy way to get neighbours together to celebrate
- Put your party on the Jubilee map
- Download your Jubilee party toolkit
Local events - Vogrie Jubilee Picnic
Join the Jubilee picnic at Vogrie on Sunday 5 June. Come along with your royal picnic between 1pm and 4pm to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in the beautiful surroundings of Vogrie Country Park. Why not get into the spirit of the day, and dress the family, and dog, in your royal regalia?
There will be activities for all ages.
The Big Jubilee Lunch – 2 to 5 June 2022
- More details about how to take part are on the Eden Project website.
National Lottery Funding
More than £22 million of National Lottery funding is being made available to help communities across the country come together to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee.
- More information on the different funds available is on the National Lottery Community Fund website
The Platinum Jubilee Emblem
The official Platinum Jubilee Emblem is available for use for all activities associated with the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, including community and national events. It is free to
download from the Royal website, where detailed guidance on how to use it can also be found.
The Queen’s Green Canopy
Everyone from individuals to community groups, villages, cities, counties, schools and corporations are encouraged to plant a tree for the Jubilee. The initiative runs from October 2021, when the tree planting season began, through to the end of the Jubilee year in 2022.
- More details are on the Queen's Green Canopy website.
More about the Jubilee
- More information on the Platinum Jubilee website.
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Financial statement - notice of public inspection
- EMPPO Learning and Development Strategy and Associated Training (IIA)
- 2018-2028 Capital Investment Strategy
- Childrens Services Service Plans
- Complaints Handling Procedure
- Volunteers' Week template
- Place Service Plans
- Corporate Solutions Service Plans