Council Tax band reduction scheme for disabled people

You may be entitled to a reduction on your Council Tax if you, or anyone else living in your home, has a substantial and permanent disability.

To claim a reduction you must show that a disabled person lives in the property, and that the property has at least one of the following:

  • an extra kitchen or bathroom to meet the needs of a disabled person
  • any other room (except a toilet) which is mainly used by a disabled person to meet their needs
  • enough indoor space for a disabled person to use their wheelchair.

Apply for Council Tax band reduction for disabled people (PDF)