Report possible fraud
Midlothian Council works with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to investigate benefit fraud.
The information you provide is strictly confidential.
- online: Report benefit fraud on gov.uk
- call the National Fraud hotline number 0800 854 440
- write to: NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston, PR1 1GP
Examples of benefit fraud
- Working but not declaring it when claiming benefit
- Claiming as a single person but living with a partner.
- Claiming from an address but not living there.
- Not declaring the full amount of income, savings or capital when claiming benefit.
- Claiming when, for any reason, they have no right to claim Housing Benefit or DWP state benefits.
Is there anything wrong with this page?