Council performance information
The Corporate Service indicators report on the corporate and democratic core and corporate management activities undertaken to direct, deliver, manage and support essential services across the Council.
The support services delivered under this heading include finance, HR, property management/office accommodation and other corporate services.
These services support other partners and services to deliver, the outcomes and targets for Midlothian set out in the Single Midlothian Plan.
- Invoices paid within 30 days is 93.4%; our performance is above the Scottish average of 91.93% and is helping to sustain local businesses through prompt payment.
- Sickness absence days per employee decreased to 8.73 days, this allowed us to stay in the top performing quartile and is less than the Scottish average of 9.24 days.
- Support services as a percentage of Total Gross expenditure is 4.39% this is less than the Scottish average of 5.13%.
- Cost of collecting council tax per dwelling is £14.09. There is a slight reduction from last year’s figure of £14.23. This is above the Scottish average of £12.13
- Percentage of income due from council tax received by the end of the year decreased to 93.48% although it is slightly higher that the Scottish average of 93.1%
- (Domestic Noise) Average time (hours) between time of complaint and attendance on site, for those requiring attendance on site is 1.8 hours. Our position has improved to the second top performing quartile.
- Women in top 5% of earners: We are below the Scottish average at 45.27% of women who are in the top 5%.