Our Spending Choices
Our Budget Challenge 2018/19 - the 2017 consultation findings
The public consultation on Midlothian Council’s savings proposals 2018/19 to 2021/22 took place over an eight-week period from 16 October to 14 December 2017.
The findings were used by councillors in developing their budget proposals. The budget and council tax for 2018/19, and the savings programme for 2018/19 to 2021/22 were agreed at the Council Meeting on 13 February 2018.
- Details of the key decisions taken are in our budget news release
- The savings approved by the council
- See also a table setting out our Financial Strategy figures for 2018/19 to 2021/22
Well over 2000 comments were received from more than 850 residents, community groups, businesses, external organisations, partner organisations, employees and others.
- A summary of the feedback received is in the Summary Findings, Paper A.
Full details of the feedback received during the consultation on the savings proposals are contained in a supplementary paper (Paper B) and in appendices 1 and 2 to Paper B (scanned documents). Please note that Paper B runs to over 300 pages and Appendix 1 to more than 200 pages.
- Feedback received during the 2017 public consultation on the council's savings proposals (Paper B)
- Appendix 1 to Paper B - scanned individual responses to the 2017 savings consultation
- Appendix 2 to Paper B - scanned group responses to the 2017 savings consultation
- The documents used during the 2017 consultation are available here
Help us improve our siteHaving problems submitting this form?
- Statement of Accounts
- Annual Performance Reports
- Single Midlothian Plan documents
- Service plans
- Balanced Scorecard
- SPI-2 Local Government Benchmarking Results
- Workforce Strategy
- Adult Social Care quarterly performance reports
- Children's Services quarterly performance reports
- Commercial Operations quarterly performance reports
- Communities and Economy quarterly performance reports
- Customer and Housing Services quarterly performance reports
- Education quarterly performance reports
- Finance and Integrated Service Support quarterly performance reports
- Property and Facilities Management quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Council quarterly performance reports
- Midlothian Licensing Board Income and Expenditure
- Education attainment and achievement
- Savings approved by Midlothian Council on 13 February 2018
- Financial Strategy figures 2018/19 to 2021/22
- Trade union facility time
- How we spend your money 2018/19
- 2018-2028 Capital Investment Strategy
- Midlothian physical activity, sport and health strategy 2018-23
- Planning for Change infographic factsheet