Peep - Learning Together Programme
Family guidance for Peep sessions
We are delighted to be able to return to offering face to face Peep sessions both indoors and outdoors.
We consider current guidance when planning our groups, and we ask that you stick to safety measures throughout your session. This guidance supports the safe return of Peep groups in our community, enabling us to offer fun, enjoyable sessions.
Peep Leaders will:
- Use cushions to mark safe 1m distancing within the indoor space.
- For outdoor groups, risk assess and ensure the area is litter free ahead of the session.
- Where possible windows will be open to allow ventilation.
- Set up a hand sanitation station ahead of session – hand Sanitiser, antibacterial wipes, tissues and nappy sacks.
- Encourage participants to sanitise hands on arrival, during the session, after coughing, sneezing, wiping nose and touching nose/mouth then again at the end of the session.
- Wear face coverings any time that 1m distancing is possible. Although children under 5 do not need to social distance, adults attending must wear face coverings when a 1 metre distance isn't possible.
- Where available, offer resources for the session that will be washed after use then stored in a zip sealed bag for 72 hours before reuse.
- In the event of extreme weather, e.g. heavy rain, high winds or local/national weather warnings, your Peep leader will contact you at least an hour before the session. They may advise cancellation and offer a virtual session.
We urge families to:
- Sanitise hands on arrival, during the session, after coughing, sneezing, wiping nose and touching nose/mouth, then again at the end of the session.
- Wear a face coverings any time that 1m distancing isn't possible. Although children under 5 years do not need to social distance adults attending the group must were face coverings when a 1meter distance isn't possible.
- When outdoors, dress for our Scottish weather. Wearing warm layers, waterproofs, suitable footwear, sun screen and head coverings to protect yourself and your child from the elements.
- When outdoors, bring something cosy/waterproof to sit on, should you wish to sit on the ground. A carrier bag or bin liner provides a good waterproof base with a towel/blanket/sweater inside or on top for example.
Staying vigilant and responding to Covid 19 symptoms
We ask you to be vigilant for the symptoms of Covid-19:
- New continuous cough
- Fever/high temperature
- Loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste (anosmia).
All staff, parents and carers are advised that anyone with these symptoms should not attend or should return home. They should also follow test and protect procedures.
We hope that you enjoy returning to Peep, reconnecting with other children and families, and spending special uninterrupted moments having fun, singing and learning together with your child.
If you have any questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact your Peep leader.
The Peep Team