Glencorse Primary School: consultation
The following schools are directly affected by this proposal:
- Glencorse Primary School
- Mauricewood Primary School
- Roslin Primary School
The following schools are indirectly affected by the proposal:
- Beeslack High School
- Bilston Primary School
In accordance with the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010, Midlothian Council wants to hear your views on the proposal to discontinue primary education provision at Glencorse Primary School with effect from 25 June 2021.
Within this consultation paper you will find information about the proposal, the reasons behind it, its likely impact and how you can tell us what you think about it. A short questionnaire is included within the proposal.
Midlothian Council hopes that as many of you as possible will complete the questionnaire and would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to share your views as they are extremely important to us.
We would like to be as open as possible with the results of this consultation, so your response will be anonymised and made public at the end of the consultation period. You may wish to ensure that you do not give any identifying details in your response. If you don’t wish your response to be made public, you can specify this in the questionnaire and within any written response.
A summary of this document will be provided to:
- The Parent Councils of the affected schools
- The parents of the pupils at the affected schools
- Parents of children expected to attend an affected school within 2 years of the date of publication of this Proposal Document
- The pupils, deemed to be of suitable age and maturity to be able to communicate a view on the proposal, at the affected schools
- The teaching and ancillary staff at the affected schools
- The trade unions representatives of the above staff
- Midlothian Councillors
- Penicuik & District and Roslin and Bilston Community Councils
- Community Planning Partnership
- Relevant users of the affected schools
- Constituency MP and MSP
- Education Scotland
A copy of this document is also available from:
- Glencorse Primary School, Graham’s Road, Milton Bridge, Penicuik, EH26 0QR
- Mauricewood Primary School, 11 Muirhead Place, Penicuik, EH26 0LE
- Roslin Primary School, 8 Pentland View Place, Roslin, EH25 9ND
- Bilston Primary School, 2 Park Avenue, Bilston, EH25 9SD
- Beeslack High School, Edinburgh Road, Penicuik, EH26 0QF
- The Glencorse Centre, 4 Firth Road, Auchendinny, Penicuik, EH26 0QZ
Request this document in another format, or in your own language, or if you need an interpreter, call 0131 270 7500 or email [email protected].
Closing date is 13 November 2020.
The affected consultees are:
- The pupils attending Glencorse, Mauricewood and Roslin Primary Schools
- The Parent Council of Glencorse Primary School
- The Parent Council of Mauricewood Primary School
- The Parent Council of Roslin Primary School
- The parents / carers of pupils and children expected to attend Glencorse, Mauricewood and Roslin Primary Schools within two years of the date of publication of the proposal paper
- The staff employed by the Council and based at Glencorse, Mauricewood and Roslin Primary Schools
- The Trade Union and Professional Associations Representatives of the above staff
- Penicuik & District Community Council
- Roslin and Bilston Community Council
- Community Planning Partnership
- Other users of Glencorse Primary School