Some schools and centres closed on Thursday 23 May for the EU election
Please note the schools below are being used as polling stations in the European Elections on Thursday 23 May. They will be closed on the day, therefore. We wanted to let parents and carers know as soon as possible as we realise some of you will need to make alternative childcare arrangements. Some of our leisure centres are also impacted.
- Bilston Primary School, Park Avenue, Bilston
- Burnbrae Primary School, 144 Burnbrae Road, Bonnyrigg
- Cornbank St James Primary School, 34 Marchburn Drive, Penicuik
- Cuiken Primary School, 150 Cuiken Terrace, Penicuik
- Lasswade Primary School, 7A Pendreich Drive, Bonnyrigg
- Bonnyrigg Primary School, Cockpen Road, Bonnyrigg
- King’s Park Primary School, 20 Croft Street, Dalkeith
- St David’s RC Primary School, Lauder Road, Dalkeith
- Glencorse Primary School, Graham’s Road, Milton Bridge, Penicuik
- Mauricewood Primary School, 11 Muirhead Place, Greenlaw Mains, Penicuik
- St Matthew’s Primary School, 32 Carnethie Street, Rosewell
- Lawfield Primary School, 26 Lawfield Road, Mayfield
Leisure centres impacted
Gorebridge and Danderhall leisure centres are both closed all day on Thursday 23 May as they are being used as polling stations.
Lasswade Leisure Centre pool is open as normal. Its Tonezone is closed on Thursday 23 May and the main hall is not available from Wednesday 22 May to Monday 27 May inclusive. The main dance hall (Dance Studio A) is not available on Wednesday 22 May and Thursday 23 May. Dance Studio B is open as normal.
Newbattle Community Campus Tonezone, pool and main hall are open as normal. Access to the Tonezone will be through the Lady Victoria Suite. The PE classroom/multi-purpose hall is closed on Thursday 23 May.
Loanhead, Newtongrange, and the Penicuik leisure centres are open as normal.