SGN starts major works on Monday 12 August
SGN will be upgrading the gas network in the Newbattle Road area of Dalkeith from Monday 12 August. The work is expected to last ten weeks.
Temporary traffic lights and parking suspensions will be in place at times in the following areas:
- North bound closure of Newbattle Road between Abbey Road and Eskbank Road
- Abbey Road junction with Newbattle Road
- Park Road junction with Newbattle Road
- Newbattle Road both sides between Dalhousie Road and 30m east of Abbey Road (both sides)
- Abbey Road 30m back from Newbattle Road junction (both sides)
- Park Road 30m back from Newbattle Road junction (both sides)
Diversions in place
Signed diversions will be in place for motorists and commuters. Access for local residents and businesses will be maintained where possible. Manual control of temporary signals during peak periods will be monitored and managed.
SGN will be posting regular updates on its website and using social media and traffic bulletins to keep everyone informed.
Local residents have been notified.
Get in touch
If you have any specific enquiries about this project, please call SGN on 0131 469 1728 during office hours (8am to 4.30pm) or 0800 912 1700 and its customer service team will be happy to help.
The £110,000 project involves replacing old metal gas mains with new plastic pipe to ensure a continued safe and reliable gas supply to homes and businesses in the area for many years to come.