As collection times may vary, please ensure your present your bin for collection by 7.00am.
Following a change to your kerbside recycling collection service, we now offer blue wheeled bins for the collection of paper, card, plastic bottles, tins and cans, cartons, aerosol cans, plastic pots, tubs, punnets and trays and foil containers.
It is important that you do not place plastic bags in your blue bin or use bin liners. This may result in your bin not being emptied until the plastic bags are removed.
What can I recycle in my blue bin?
- Office paper
- Telephone directories and Yellow Pages
- Brochures and catalogues
- Envelopes (including window envelopes)
- Cereal boxes
- Cardboard packaging
- Large brown cardboard boxes
- Cardboard tubes
Foil and foil containers
Food tins and drink cans
- Soft drink cans
- Soup cans
- Food cans eg baked bean tins
- Large metal tins (such as empty biscuit and chocolate tins)
Cartons - eg Tetra Pak
Rigid plastic food and drink packaging
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic tubs, pots, trays and punnets
- More information about what plastics you can recycle
- Plastic bags
- Polythene bags
- Sweet wrappers / crisp packets
- Toothpaste tubes
- Food contaminated packaging
- Hard plastic items such as coat-hangers, toys, plant pots, CD/DVD/video cases
Glass bottles and jars
- Glass bottles/jars should be presented for collection in your red box
- Kerbside glass recycling collection service
How to use your blue bin recycling collection service
We need your help to ensure we collect good quality materials for recycling.
Place all items directly into your bin - do not use plastic bags or bin liners
- Rinse food and drink packaging to remove food or drink residue
- Remove film lids or food tray liners from plastic trays or pots (place these in your grey bin)
- Ensure foil and foil containers are not contaminated by food residue
- Ensure aerosol cans are empty before recycling
- Remove any plastic wrapping from junk mail or magazines (plastic film should go in your grey bin)
- Flatten cardboard boxes and squash plastic bottles to save space (you can replace plastic bottle lids)
- Do not put containers inside each other. For example: do not put plastic bottles inside cardboard boxes, or yoghurt pots inside food cans
- Try to keep cardboard and paper dry
Your recycling is collected every fortnight:
- What is my bin collection day?
- Your blue bin must be presented at the kerbside by 07:00 on your collection day.
- Ensure that all your waste fits securely into your blue bin and the lid is closed.
- Additional material presented outside the bin will not be collected.
If your blue recycling bin has not been emptied, it may contain items that are not collected for recycling. We are not able to accept:
- plastic bags
- food waste
- polythene such as bubble wrap
- general household refuse
Please remove the contamination and dispose of it in your grey bin or at your local Hosuehold Waste Recycling Centres.