Care homes - Highbank
Highbank is a short term Intermediate care home for over 65s. All new clients must complete a financial assessment to determine if cost is payable.
- Highbank provide a day service but this is based at Midlothian Community Hospital.
- There is a hairdressing service on a Monday. Prices on request.
- Highbank has an Activity Co-ordinator, who provides a varying activity program to suit all interests.
- Accommodation is in 6 self contained units on two floors.
- There are places for 40 people, of which 31 are for intermediate care (including rehab and assessment) and 9 are for respite clients.
- Each unit has a lounge/dining area with kitchenette and up to 7 single bedrooms.
- All bedrooms have vanity units, television aerial points and staff call points. 5 rooms have en-suite facilities.
- Door keys are available on request.
- Toilets and corridors have handrails.
- There is a call system for staff throughout the home.
The respite is on the ground floor and accommodates 9 guests. The service is available all year, but please book early for peak holiday periods. Check availability on the Wee Break website. All respite must be booked through a Social Worker.
- The respite facility has 9 single rooms.
- Each bedroom has a sink, vanity unit and television aerial socket.
- There is a nurse call system throughout the home if required to summon assistance and help.
All respite beds are chargeable based on the financial assessment completed before admission.
View Highbank's inspection reports at the Care Inspectorate.
Contact9a Bonnyrigg Road
0131 270 5640