Consultations - Proposal to discontinue education provision at St Margaret's RC Primary School
ConsultationWe asked for your views on plans to discontinue education provision at St Margaret’s RC Primary School, Loanhead, with effect from 1 July 2022.
The consultation is now closed.
On 15 February 2022, Midlothian Council approved the proposal to discontinue education provision at St Margaret’s RC Primary School, Loanhead, with effect from 1 July 2022.
As per the Schools (Consultation) (Scotland) Act 2010 Scottish Ministers have been notified of this decision and now have a period of eight weeks to decide whether to issue a call in notice.
Members of the public have a period of three weeks during which they can make representations to Scottish Ministers regarding whether they wish a call in to be issued or not.
All representations must be made before this three week period ends on Monday 7 March 2022.
Representations can be submitted online to email@example.com or by post to:
School Funding, Infrastructure and Organisation Unit
Area 2B North Scottish Government
Closing dateTuesday 16 November 2021
The proposals are to:
- Discontinue education provision at St Margaret’s RC Primary School from 1 July 2022.
- Extend the catchment boundaries of St Mary’s, St Matthew’s and Sacred Heart RC Primary Schools to include the St Margaret’s catchment area.
- Give remaining pupils the choice of attending St Mary’s RC Primary School or their non-denominational catchment primary school.
- Provide school transport for all children affected, where there is no safe walking route to school and/or the distance from home to school is more than two miles.
- Continue to provide early learning and childcare as per the current arrangements.
Meetings (both virtual and in-person) took place on:
- 12 October 2021 at 6.30pm at Loanhead Primary School
- 13 October 2021 at 6.30pm. This was a virtual meeting offered on MS Teams
- 27 October 2021 - virtual drop-in sessions took place throughout the day between 10am and noon, 2pm to 4pm and 6pm-8pm.
The minutes will be forwarded to Education Scotland along with all other submissions and comments that are received by the council during the consultation process as explained above.
Contact detailsEmail: EducationConsultation@midlothian.gov.uk
Call: 0131 271 3669