Consultations - Shaping our future: have your say on local services
ConsultationShaping our future: have your say on local services
SummaryWe’re changing the way we do things at Midlothian Council. We want to transform our services, to make them fit for the future. And we want your help.
We want you to tell us what the priorities are for you, your family and your community - and we want you to help us reshape our services to meet those priorities.
This is a huge challenge. Funding cuts made by central government mean that local councils and other public bodies will have less money than ever to spend over the next few years.
- Concentrating on those areas where the need is greatest
- Reducing and managing the growing demand for some services
- Focusing on prevention and early intervention - taking action as soon as possible to tackle social problems before they become more difficult to turn around
- Delivering services in new ways, perhaps with greater community involvement
- Identifying those services which we should stop providing, and
- Focusing on results for our people and our communities.