Adult learning classes
Communities and Lifelong Learning (CLL) is offering flexible adult learning opportunities for 2020-21. Brush up your old skills, or learn new ones, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. There is a wide range of lifelong learning activities, including certificated and non-certificated courses.
Some examples of adult learning opportunities include:
- Introduction Courses: Early Learning and Childcare, Health and Social Care, Mindfulness and Wellbeing
- Accredited Courses: National 5 Maths and National 5 Early Learning and Childcare
- Digital skills for Life and Employment
- Browse the list of classes below then book your class.
- Choose 'Course Search' in the 'Make a Booking' drop down menu on the left of the page.
- On the next page, enter the name of the course.
- Choose 'Lifelong Learning & Employability' from the 'Main Category' drop down list.
Contact [email protected] for more information.
Adult learning classes - Lasswade
Unfortunately all adult evening classes at the Lasswade Centre are postponed until April 2021. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Introduction to Mindfulness (fully online - Zoom)
The free 8 week course will show you how to use Mindfulness techniques to help you lead a calmer life. Mindfulness is a fantastic tool which has many health benefits, and when practised regularly can really improve your sense of wellbeing. Learn about the small changes that you can make to enable Mindfulness to become part of your daily life now.
Starting on Tuesday 12 Jan 2021, 13.30 - 15.00, email [email protected] to book your place.
Raising Children With Confidence (fully online - Zoom)
This free 6 week course will help parents/carers support their children to develop good mental health and wellbeing so they grow up confident, secure and able to cope with life's challenges.
Starting on Tuesday 12 Jan 2021 to Tues 23 Feb 2021, 09:30 - 11.00.
Raising Teens With Confidence (fully online - Zoom)
This free 6 week course will help parents/carers understand how they can best support their teenage children to navigate increasing independence, develop confidence, security and resilience, and promote emotional wellbeing.
Starting on Tuesday 14 Jan 2021 to Tues 25 Feb 2021, 09:30 - 11.00.
Individual Training Accounts (ITA)
Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) offer eligible participants up to £200 towards the costs of approved learning or training.
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) have limited places for 2020-21.